I never knew there was a part of my life missing until I got into fostering. It makes sense, I suppose, because I've been an animal lover all my life. But... this just feels so right. I've changed since starting to work with these unwanted animals. I'm more patient and kind and upbeat even. They've taught me to laugh at every opportunity and to forgive more freely. I've been nervous over the years as to whether I could possibly make a suitable mother (if you knew me growing up, you know why I would have concerns). My experience with these dogs has given me a hope I didn't think I would feel. I know now that I can and will (hopefully) be a great mother.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Bright New Hope
I never knew there was a part of my life missing until I got into fostering. It makes sense, I suppose, because I've been an animal lover all my life. But... this just feels so right. I've changed since starting to work with these unwanted animals. I'm more patient and kind and upbeat even. They've taught me to laugh at every opportunity and to forgive more freely. I've been nervous over the years as to whether I could possibly make a suitable mother (if you knew me growing up, you know why I would have concerns). My experience with these dogs has given me a hope I didn't think I would feel. I know now that I can and will (hopefully) be a great mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment