Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Just Keep Swimming" - Dory


Giving it all I've got to just stay afloat and moving in any direction at all.  We'll say that I'm running on autopilot these days.

Really now... this is what a recent fortune from a fortune cookie said: "Your life will be happy and peaceful."  Certainly not this life.  Happy comes and goes I guess, but peace - that's rather elusive.

And just for kicks, another fortune: "You can always trust your friends."  And then I laugh.  This is most definitely not true.  I remember very well, laughing out loud when I opened it.  I thought it was rich.  Utterly rich.

So the time change is messing with my life.  It is too dark too early.  I am literally tired enough for bed at 7pm and it is work to stay up any later.  So here I go to bed at 10pm and I feel like I'm disobeying curfew by being awake so "late".  That's winter for you though.

And just so that you don't think I'm a total downer... I'm excited to share that we are getting a new little kitty!  We picked out a kitten from a shelter that we can bring home Saturday =)  I am so excited.  I'm meant for pets and pets are meant for me.   









2 comments:

Red Hott Mamma said...

I hear you on the just keep swimming thing.. I had a rough week myself. I'm glad you're getting a kitty!! I look back at pictures of Mango when she was a kitten and it makes me want another!!

Hang in there hun... the holidays are just around the corner!

Emily said...

Your fortunes crack me up! Seriously, they do. I hope that this week is better for you!