Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Clock's a Ticking

I guess it's normal.  I'm a 20 something with 20 something friends.  Getting married... having babies...  left and right and right and left... babies, babies and more babies.  This has been the year for struggles.  Mostly small things in terms of life and the world overall, but still big to me.  Four things: faith, weight, depression, baby.  You'd be right to think that they are pretty well connected.  One thing stresses me out and causes the next, etc.  We have been married four years (tomorrow!) and it seems like we are the very last in line to get pregnant (especially since we aren't even there yet).  We were trend setters when we got married at our young age, and since then we've watched most of our friends walk the isle.  Now we've seen almost all of them have babies.  I remember thinking "so-and-so and so-and-so aren't pregnant yet, so we're still doing okay."  Then when I found out one of those two so-and-so's got pregnant I bawled.  I was horrified with myself and ashamed that I couldn't share in their joy.  I came around eventually but it took some working up to.  I know I maybe shouldn't be so candid about my struggles.  People don't want to know my whiny inner workings.  People like other people to act happy.  I guess I'd rather be real.  If you don't care, don't read.  If it comes back to bite me on the behind, so be it. 

In other news, my kitten is getting big and sturdy.  She is a voracious eater...  Suppose it runs in the family!  She sleeps with me at night, either on my shoulder or my neck, but always under the covers.  I have loved having her warm little body on me, but now she's (I would bet) over two pounds.  That's a lot of weight to have on your neck at night!  We also have two foster dogs right now.  The second was a fluke and not entirely welcome.  Honey, a little cairn mix, was adopted but got brought back to us.  The first is a 65 pound lab/husky mix.  Adorable, energetic and cuddly like a big teddy bear.  I love her.

 McKenzie (I call her Mac, Kenzie or most lovingly, Big Mac!)


Sprite, the little stinker

No comments: