Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm not even waiting for a New Year's resolution. The time for change has come and gone and come again. I always say that I'm making changes in some new and radical way, but this time... hahaha... it's for real!

I have joined Anytime Fitness, only two blocks from my house.  I'm looking at the TV schedule daily to know what show I want to watch while I run.  Do you know how expensive cable is?  It's just about worth it considering that cost!

I also joined Weight Watchers Online.  Just for three months to start with.  I went to meetings a few years ago and did lose weight, but didn't do the point system.  It was just helpful to be with people who had the same goals.  This time however, I will try to keep track of points, weighing myself weekly at Anytime Fitness.  Part of the online community is having a "before" picture...

So I searched through all my photos for one that shows my body, from the last year at least.  Reporting now that I do not have a single picture like that. I always crop out my body and focus on my face.  I know I have a pretty face, but I also know that it's "fat-pretty" which is different from simply pretty.  A year ago in Hawaii was the last I allowed my body to stay in my pictures.  I was only 15 pounds thinner then, but it was the last I felt attractive in my body I suppose.  A few months ago I did take a full body pic of myself in a one piece swimming suit.  That picture will never, I say never see the light of day.  So maybe I will brace myself to take a picture of myself, or not crop one... or maybe the WW online communtiy will have to imagine what my body looks like. 

In other news, I have ransacked my home.  I've purged all all rooms and all spaces.  Huge boxes have been delivered to Good Will and more will probably follow.  My house doesn't feel quite so tiny with less stuff in it!

1 comment:

September said...

I think you look beautiful as you are! However, with that being said, I know exactly how you feel. YOU don't feel beautiful as you are. At least not every day at every moment. I'm right there with you. I'm doing this with you. I want to feel good in my own skin too. But do know that I don't think you any less than beautiful.
Love you, friend.