Saturday, January 28, 2012

On a Saturday

We haven't heard a peep from our licensing agent since January 2nd about our licenses for fostering/adoption.  I don't really know what I should do about it.  She didn't give a clear time frame so who knows if we're on or off track?  We have a mattress and some bedding for the *empty* crib.  I guess we're slowly making progress on readiness while we wait...

I had my all night/all day sleep test.  My neurologist says... dun dun dun... that the tests don't rule out or prove narcolepsy.  Cool, very definitive, right?  I have what he calls idiopathic hyper-somnia.  Which really means that I'm too sleepy but they don't know why yet.  He did mention that a spinal tap could be a tool used to test for narcolepsy but we both agreed - it sounds like a better last resort than initial plan.  Meanwhile, I've got more energy lately than I have in years, which stumped my doctor.  I don't know what changed exactly, but I'm liking the affect of whatever it is.  Bad news... dun dun dun... he feels that I either do have narcolepsy or anticipates that what I have will progress to it.  I didn't cry on the phone with him because I'd taken care of that before.

This is a good Saturday.  I'm painting and cleaning and soon will be baking and cooking.  Oh, and the sun is shining so that is an extra help!

No comments: